- The Belize International airport is opening for commercial travel on October 1, 2020. While Belize’s land borders remain closed until further notice.
- All travellers both vaccinated and unvaccinated, entering through the International airport from other countries are required to present a Negative Covid-19 Test. Negative COVID-19 PCR TEST taken within 96 hours of travel. OR Negative rapid test (Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, and ABBOTT (Panbio) taken within 48 hours of travel. * Children under the age of 5 are not required to present a negative COVID test; However, children 5 years and older must present a negative COVID test. *if no test is presented, a COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport. (USD$50 per passenger).
- Social distancing is required. You must maintain 6 feet for social distancing. Follow floor markers and signage placed in and around locations to avoid close contact with other individuals.
- While in public spaces you are required to wear a mask. Be sure to wear your face masks within airports and border points.
- Hand washing and hand sanitization stations will be widely available. Do make use of them throughout your travels.
- Some locations may do thermal checks to allow entry
- Travelling in country by flight or water ferry be sure to wear your mask and maintain social distancing ( the six feet rule ) during boarding.
- Domestic Flights: Passengers should check in one hour prior.
- Guest are to be at the international airport 2-3 hours prior to departure in order for security and health screenings to be complete.
- The CDC announced they will require a negative COVID-19 test from all passengers arriving in the United States starting January 26, 2021. Read more on where to get tested HERE