- The Belize International airport is opening for commercial travel on October 1, 2020. While Belize’s land borders remain closed until further notice.
- You must download The Belize Health App before entering the country. It will be made available at the end of July.
- Before entering you must provide a negative Covid- 19 test result within a 72-hour window of your flight to be granted entry into the country. If you arrive without a negative test you will be required to take a take a rapid test given by Belize’s Ministry of Health at the airport at cost. Upon entering and doing a rapid test at the airport, if your results are positive for COVID-19, you will be required to quarantine in a government-approved location in Belize.
- All passengers arriving and departing the international airport, and border points will be scanned by thermal scanners. Where temperatures are above normal ranges, you may be denied boarding, entry into facilities, or entry into Belize and in the case of arrivals at the international airport you will be immediately quarantined. Temperatures must be less than 100 degrees Fahrenheit to proceed.
- Social distancing is required. You must maintain 6 feet for social distancing. Follow floor markers and signage placed in and around locations to avoid close contact with other individuals.
- While in public spaces you are required to wear a mask. Be sure to wear your face masks within airports and border points.
- Hand washing and hand sanitization stations will be widely available. Do make use of them throughout your travels.
- Some locations may do thermal checks to allow entry
- Travelling in country by flight or water ferry be sure to wear your mask and maintain social distancing ( the six feet rule ) during boarding.
- Domestic Flights: Passengers should check in one hour prior.
- Guest are to be at the international airport 2-3 hours prior to departure in order for security and health screenings to be complete.